Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Monthly Nail - March


This March my nails were looking very dry and brittle so I decided too only polish my nails once a week. For someone who changes nail polish like clothes this restriction was torture, I kept seeing pretty polishes and my will power was truly put to the challenge. I snapped a picture of each weeks polish for your pleasure. This is my month in nails!


This beautiful polish is one of the Royal Texture paints by Barry M in Countess. As with any glitter polish getting a true picture of the polish is incredibly difficult so I've tried my best, but this is one that is to be experienced first hand to really see how stunning it is. It has a dark purple base that contains lots of glitter particles in gold and pink. Opaque in two coats and lasted all week without even a small chip, which really impressed me.


I used Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Plum and for the accent nail I used Morgan Taylor in New York State Of Mind. I recently discovered Morgan Taylor and was seriously in adoration for the ones that I tried, so my collection has promptly and hugely expanded since. This is one of the new ones I was trying and again impressed me greatly. It has a black base with pink, red, blue and gold glitter particles - two coat opaque glitter coverage.


Wow, ok I think I have a Barry M problem. Again these are all Barry M polishes, this time the new Silk Nail Paints. I felt like having an early Easter treat so I picked up these and donned them on the nails as soon as I was home and loved them immediately. The colours looking at the left hand pictures - from left to right, Truffle, Blossom, Mist, Heather and Meadow. All have a beautiful finish, like a soft pearl matte effect. These did chip by the fourth day though but not excessively.


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Plum and the accent nail is Barry M Royal Texture in Majesty. Plum is a true dark Damson Plum shade and Majesty is a gold glitter that has full glitter coverage in just two coats. Majesty has a mix of glitter particles, some are large and some are really tiny so it gives it a beautiful jewelled effect. These lasted all week on the nails.

I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my goal of polish only once a week, if only I could do that with chocolate. I've now discovered doing this blog I use mainly Barry M nail polishes. I don't mind this fact as I really do admire the formula's, they are very affordable and are really hard core, (as I flail and bang my hands about a lot) these stood up to the test of being adopted by a rough gal. If you would like to see this as a monthly blog, let me know in the comments below. (I will snap a pic each time I change my nail polish and post them all at the end of each month.)

Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment