Wednesday 22 January 2014

La Roche Posay - Effaclar A.I, Targeted Breakout Corrector


£9.50/ 15ml             www.laroche-posay.com
Made in France.
Tailored for oily, imperfection prone skin.

An intensive treatment that purges imperfections in depth to accelerate their resorption and prevent residual skin scarring.
Niacinamide: Stops the development of a breakout.
Piroctone Olamine/ Glycacil combination: Purifies the bacterial activity to reabsorb skin imperfections.
Micro-Exfoliating LHA/ Repairing Thermal Spring Water: Activates the skins regeneration process.
Paraben free and non comedogenic.

I have adult acne and I have tried alot of products that are said to zap zits; (gels, patches, creams, prescription only treatments etc). I try everything I see that aids in the healing process of spots. I saw this when I was buying the Effaclar Duo and thought 'it's worth a try'.
I've been using this for over a month now and I have seen a difference in the marking that is normally left behind after the spots go. I usually am left with red dots that tend to stick around for months.
I didn't see a difference in the time it took for the spot to go, it didn't speed up the process of eliminating the spots and I would say it did very little to break down the blemish. However, I was left with minimal scarring after the spot had cleared and the marking was gone in a matter of weeks.
It says you can use this under makeup, however, I would avoid doing so as the formula seems to become flaky looking once dry. I use this prior to bed.

I like the texture of the formula and the minimised scarring post-spot, if you have trouble with acne scarring I would highly recommend this corrector. It's valuable for flawless skin once the blemishes have gone. This could work brilliantly on other types of acne, I have only tested it on my own skin.
Overall, I enjoy this product. I would repurchase this to reduce my acne scarring.

No comments:

Post a Comment